Instructions and Protocols for UCCC Vermillion Easter Prayer Vigil
Our Easter weekend prayer vigil begins on Maundy Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 9:00 pm and will end on Easter Sunday Morning, April 4, 2021 at 6:00 am when our prayers will move out to Clay County Park for the sunrise service.
- Each Easter vigil prayer slot begins on the hour and lasts for 45 minutes.
- You may do this prayer time in the UCC sanctuary or at home.
- Please sign-up online using this link: Easter Vigil Sign-up link
- Please let us know on the sign-up sheet if you will be vigiling in the sanctuary or at home.
- Please – only one in-person vigiler (or family group) in a vigil slot.
- Show up!
(If you are vigiling in-person.)
Please park in the west alley and enter and leave the church through the Northwest side door (kitchen door). Come up the steps and into the sanctuary. (Sanctuary door will be kept ajar.)
- Please wear a mask during your vigil time.
- Please wash your hands on the way in and out! (Use sanitizer or washroom.)
- You are welcome to light the cross candle when you enter. Please extinguish when you leave.
- If you are comfortable, you are welcome to look through the vigil notebook (suggestions for vigiling), fill out the vigil log or look at the other items on the vigil table.
- Please gently clean (sanitize) the things you have contacted during your time as you are departing with the supplies provided.
- Please leave promptly at the end of your 45-minute time. We are leaving 15 minutes between vigil slots to help everyone stay safer by avoiding contact.
(If you are vigiling at home)
This is YOUR time with God, you may use it in whatever way feels best for you. Yet, here are some things you might want to try:
Light a candle.
Sit in silence listening and looking for God.
Pray. Either silently or out loud.
Read. Again, either silently or out loud.
Ponder the passion story.
Go outside and enjoy God in nature.
Instructions and Protocols for UCCC Vermillion Easter Sunrise Service
Our Easter Sunrise service will be held on April 4, 2021, at 6:30 am. You may attend in person at Clay County Park or join us online live on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/UCCVermillion).
- If you are coming to Clay County Park:
- Please wear a mask.
- Please maintain at a safe distance between families.
- We will not be sharing food this year.