We come from diverse backgrounds forming an active church family in the Vermillion community, engaged in our own personal ministries, striving to be welcoming, embracing the promise “No Longer Strangers.”
The United Church of Christ, Congregational is a family of faith who seeks to discover and follow the way of Christ, and to share the love of God with each other and the world.
Because we believe that all life is sacred, that the divine character is reflected in us, and that integrity is vital to our world, we choose to:
- Live each day gratefully and gracefully
- Practice compassion
- Be lifelong learners
- Creatively serve not only our community, but the world as well
- Practice radical, inclusive hospitality
- Be a home for all, from start to finish
- Worship and pray in a variety of ways
- Create great art, music, and theatre
- Laugh, and maybe even dance sometimes!
This church holds that living in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ is the true test of fellowship. Each member has the undisturbed right to follow the Word of God according to the dictates of conscience, under the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit, and freely and courteously grants to all the same privilege.
We are located at 226 E. Main St. in Vermillion, SD. Our Sunday Services are regularly at 10:30 am. Our children’s programs are held on Wednesday nights from Labor Day to Easter season. Check our calendar for events.
Email the church with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org